SEDAR 12 developed an assessment of red grouper in the Gulf of Mexico. The Data Workshop was held July 24 – 28, 2006 in St. Petersburg, FL; the Assessment Workshop October 16 – 20, 2006 in Miami, FL; and the Review Workshop January 29 – February 2, 2007 in Atlanta, GA. Complete documentation of all workshops is provided in the final stock assessment report that is listed on this introductory page. Reports from each workshop are also available on the pages dedicated to each specific workshop for convenience.
NOTE: SEDAR Working papers document the methods, datasets, and preliminary analyses that are under consideration and therefore do not necessarily represent final consensus opinions of workshop participants. Working paper findings and methods may change following workshop review. Working papers should not be cited without author permission. The findings and conclusions of working papers and workshop reports are those of the authors and participants and do not necessarily represent the views of any agencies involved in SEDAR.
Project Final Report
Project Update Report
SEDAR 12 Data Workshop
Workshop Working Papers
- S12DW01 The use of an otolith reference collection to monitor age reader precision for red grouper (Epinephelus morio)
- S12DW02 Bottom longline fishery bycatch of red grouper from observer data
- S12DW03 Temporal and spatial trends in red grouper (Epinephelus morio) age and growth from the northeastern Gulf of Mexico: 1979-2005
- S12DW04 An update of Gulf of Mexico red grouper reproductive data and parameters for SEDAR 12
- S12DW05 Catch rates, distribution and size/age composition of red grouper, Epinephelus morio, collected during NOAA Fisheries Bottom Longline Surveys from the U.S. Gulf of Mexico
- S12DW06 SEAMAP Reef Fish Survey of Offshore Banks: Yearly Indices of Abundance for red grouper (Epinephelus morio)
- S12DW07 Research Trawl and Shrimp Bycatch Results Relevant to Red Grouper
- S12DW08 Spatial and temporal patterns in demographics and catch rates of red grouper from a fishery-independent trap survey in the northeast Gulf of Mexico, 2004-2005
- S12DW09 Length frequency distributions for red groupers caught by commercial fisheries in the Gulf of Mexico from 1984 to 2005
- S12DW10 Selected sampling issues regarding the length/age frequency distributions of red groupers caught by commercial fisheries in the Gulf of Mexico from 1984 to 2005
- S12DW11 Quantitative Historical Analysis of the United States and Cuban Gulf of Mexico Red Grouper Commercial Fishery
- S12DW12 Length Frequency Analysis of the Gulf of Mexico Recreational Red Grouper Fishery
- S12DW13 Trends in Red Grouper Mortality Rates Estimated from Tag Recaptures (1990-2006)
- S12DW14 Recreational Survey Data for Red Grouper in the Gulf of Mexico
- S12DW15 Back calculation of recreational catch of red grouper from 1945 to 1985
- S12DW16 Standardized catch rates for red grouper from the United States Gulf of Mexico handline, longline, and trap fisheries, 1990-2005
- S12DW17 Addendum
- S12DW17 Calculated red grouper discards by vessels with Federal permits in the Gulf of Mexico.
Workshop Reference Documents
- S12RD01 Depredation of catch by bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus in the Florida king mackerel (Scomberomorus cavalla) troll fishery.
- S12RD02 Draft status of red grouper in United States waters of the Gulf of Mexico during 1986-2001
- S12RD03 Red Grouper age-length structure and description of growth from the eastern Gulf of Mexico: 1992-2001
- S12RD04 The red grouper fishery of the Gulf of Mexico
- S12RD05 The red grouper fishery of the Gulf of Mexico: Assessment
- S12RD06 A flexible forward age-structured assessment program
- S12RD08 Biological reference points for red grouper: uncertainty about growth.
- S12RD09 Trends in red grouper mortality rate estimated from tagging data
- S12RD10 Red grouper mean size at age: An evaluation of sampling strategies using simulated data
- S12RD11 Characterization of red grouper reproduction from the Eastern Gulf of Mexico.
- S12RD12 Effects of the 2005 red tide event on recreational fisheries in Southwest Florida
- S12RD13 The relationship between body weight and natural mortality in juvenile and adult fish: a comparison of natural systems and aquaculture.
- S12RD14 Population dynamics and potential of fisheries stock enhancement: practical theory for assessment and policy analysis
SEDAR 12 Assessment Workshop
Workshop Working Papers
- S12AW02 STANDARDIZED CATCH RATES OF RED GROUPER (/EPINEPHELUS MORIO/) FROM THE U.S. HEADBOAT FISHERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO, 1986-2005. SFD-2006-036.
- S12AW03 STANDARDIZED CATCH RATES OF RED GROUPER (/EPINEPHELUS MORIO/) FROM THE U.S. RECREATIONAL FISHERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO, 1986-2005. SFD-2006-037.
- S12AW04 Discard Calculations
- S12AW05 Construction of a fisheries independent index of red grouper using data from the Dry Tortugas National Park, 1994-2004
- S12AW06 Derived and observed catch at age from the Gulf of Mexico red grouper stock
- S12AW07 Age data evaluation
- S12AW08 Comparison of ALK and RAS methods for deriving age frequency distributions of red grouper caught by commercial fisheries in the Gulf of Mexico