The SEDAR 54 assessment was conducted following a Standard approach and addressed the stock of Sandbar Shark. The assessment took place over a series of webinars scheduled from May to August 2017. The assessment was scheduled to be reviewed by by a CIE desk review in late 2017. For more information, please contact the SEDAR Coordinator for this project, Julie Neer: Julie.email@example.com
NOTE: SEDAR Working papers document the methods, datasets, and preliminary analyses that are under consideration at the various workshops and therefore do not necessarily represent final consensus opinions of workshop participants. Working paper findings and methods may change following workshop review. Working papers should not be cited without author permission.
Project Final Report
SEDAR 54 Data/Assessment Process
Workshop Working Papers
- SEDAR 54-WP-01: Updated life history parameters for sandbar sharks, Carcharhinus plumbeus Opens in a new window
- SEDAR 54-WP-02: Updated catch rates of sandbar sharks (Carcharhinus plumbeus) in the northwest Atlantic Ocean from the Shark Bottom Longline Observer Program, 1994-2015 Opens in a new window
- SEDAR 54-WP-03: Standardized catch rates of sandbar sharks from the Large Pelagics Rod and Reel Survey 1986-2015 Opens in a new window
- SEDAR 54-WP-04: Sandbar Shark Abundance Indices from NMFS Bottom Longline Surveys in the Northern Gulf of Mexico Opens in a new window
- SEDAR 54-WP-05: Standardized catch rates for sandbar sharks from the U.S. pelagic longline observer program using generalized linear mixed models Opens in a new window
- SEDAR 54-WP-06: Example Implementation of a Hierarchical Cluster Analysis and Cross-correlations of Selected CPUE Indices for the SEDAR 54 Assessment Opens in a new window
SEDAR 54 Desk Review
The SEDAR 54 assessment was conducted foloowing a Standard Approach. Standard assessments are usually reviewed by the Cooperator’s Scientific Advisory Body (SSC or TC). HMS does not have such a Scientifitc Advisory Body so SEDAR arranged for a Desk Review conducted by the Reviewers from the Center for Independent Experts.