SEDAR 40 addressed the benchmark stock assessment for Atlantic menhaden. The Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission coordinated the Data Workshop (January 13-16, 2014 in St. Petersburg, FL) and Assessment Workshops (June 2-5, 2014 and August 12-15, 2014 in Beaufort, NC). The Review Workshop was coordinated through SEDAR and will be held December 2014 in Atlantic Beach, NC. For more information on the data and assessment workshops, please visit http://www.asmfc.org/species/atlantic-menhaden or contact Mike Waine (email@example.com). For more information on the review, please contact the SEDAR Coordinator for this project, Julia Byrd (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NOTE: SEDAR Working papers document the methods, datasets, and preliminary analyses that are under consideration at the various workshops and therefore do not necessarily represent final consensus opinions of workshop participants. Working paper findings and methods may change following workshop review. Working papers should not be cited without author permission.
Project Final Report
SEDAR 40 Review Workshop
Workshop Reference Documents
- S40 CIE Reviewer Report – Fernandez
- S40 CIE Reviewer Report – Nielsen
- S40 CIE Reviewer Report – Simmonds
- S40-2 Fishery Dependent Indices
- S40-3 Powerplant Impingement
- S40-4 Fishery Independent Survey Standardization
- S40-5 Fishery Independent Index Standardization Guidelines
- S40-6 Atlantic Menhaden Stock Assessment Update – 2012
- S40-7 Atlantic Menhaden Benchmark Stock Assessment and Review Panel Reports – 2010
- S40-8 Hierarchical analysis of multiple noisy abundance indices. (Conn 2010)
- S40-9 A proposed, tested, and applied adjustment to account for bias in growth parameter estimates due to selectivity (Schueller et al. 2013)