SEDAR 36 was run as a Standard Assessment and addressed the stock of South Atlantic snowy grouper. The assessment was conducted as a series of webinars from July through September 2013.
NOTE: SEDAR Working papers document the methods, datasets, and preliminary analyses that are under consideration at the various workshops and therefore do not necessarily represent final consensus opinions of workshop participants. Working paper findings and methods may change following workshop review. Working papers should not be cited without author permission.
Project Final Report
SEDAR 36 Data/Assessment Workshop
Workshop Working Papers
- S36WP01 MRIP Recreational Survey Data for Snowy Grouper in the Atlantic
- S36WP02 Snowy Grouper Fishery‐Independent Indices of Abundance in US South Atlantic Waters Based on Chevron Trap and Short‐bottom Longline Surveys
- S36WP03 Standardized catch rates of U.S. snowy grouper (Epinephelus niveatus) from commercial logbook handline data
- S36WP04 Standardized catch rates of U.S. snowy grouper (Epinephelus niveatus) from commercial logbook longline data
- S36WP05 Standardized catch rates of Southeast US Atlantic snowy grouper (Epinephelus niveatus) from headboat logbook data
- S36WP06 Age and length composition weighting for U.S. snowy grouper (Epinephelus niveatus)
- S36WP07 Calculated discards of snowy grouper from US South Atlantic commercial fishing vessels
- S36WP08 Marine Resources Monitoring, Assessment and Prediction Program: Report on the Status of the Life History of Snowy Grouper, Hyporthodus niveatus, for the SEDAR36 Standard Stock Assessment
- S36WP09 Report on Age Determination Workshops for Snowy Grouper, Hyporthodus niveatus, March 2009 and October 2012
- S36WP10 Marine Resources Monitoring, Assessment and Prediction Program: Snowy Grouper Length and Age Compositions for the SEDAR36 Standard Stock Assessment
- S36WP11 Commercial Landings of Snowy Grouper in the U.S. Atlantic, 1950-2012
- S36WP12 Southeast Region Headboat Survey Data for Snowy Grouper (Epinephelus niveatus) in the Atlantic.
- S36WP13 South Atlantic Snowy Grouper: Public Comments
- S36WP14 Catch curves for snowy grouper from the commercial handline and longline fleets
- S36WP15 Beaufort Assessment Model of Southeast US Atlantic snowy grouper (Epinephelus niveatus or Hyporthodus niveatus): AD Model Builder code and data input file
Workshop Reference Documents
- S36RD01 List of documents and working papers for SEDAR 4 (Caribbean – Atlantic Deepwater Snapper Grouper)
- S36RD02 Developing a two-step fishery-independent design to estimate the relative abundance of deepwater reef fish: Application to a marine protected area off the southeastern United States coast.
- S36RD03 Comparison of Reef Fish Catch per Unit Effort and Total Mortality between the 1970s and 2005–2006 in Onslow Bay, North Carolina
- S36RD05 FMP, regulatory impact review, and final environmental impact statement for the SG fishery of the South Atlantic region
- S36RD06 MRFSS to MRIP Adjustment Ratios and Weight Estimation Procedures for South Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Managed Species
- S36RD07 Validation of ages for species of the deepwater snapper/grouper complex off the southeastern coast of the United States
- S36RD08 Spawner-recruit relationships of demersal marine fishes: prior distribution of steepness
- S36RD09 Data weighting in statistical fisheries stock assessment models
- S36RD10 Corrigendum to Francis 2011 paper